lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Nitsy "reset" display buglet

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Nitsy "reset" display buglet
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:07:17 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:

> Haven't looked into your other suggestions yet ... perhaps whomever
> broke it will step forward with a fix first ... :-) ...!

Well I traced this a bit (for the Form Options SELECT case), and it
it the result of a change to the key mapping code (which I prefer not
to get into...)

LYStrings.h has changed from

   #define DO_NOTHING      270     /* 0x10E */

   #define MOUSE_KEY       270     /* 0x10E */
   #define DO_NOTHING      271     /* 0x10F */

but the tables in LYKeymap.c where not kept in synch with this change,
as a result of this the

           cmd = keymap[c+1];

in mainloop() now maps DO_NOTHING to 0 instead of LYK_DO_NOTHING,
which in turn leads to first writing the (wrong) statusline, then
comes the refresh because of refresh_screen which erases the screen,
and then a new statusline is not written because we already did it...
all in a quite non-obvious manner which may be worth cleaning up in
mainloop(), but I suppose fixing the key mapping will restore the
previous behavior.

   Klaus