lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: [dev16] patch for an A-page (was: Re: L-page: set/clear)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: [dev16] patch for an A-page (was: Re: L-page: set/clear)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:09:07 -0800

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:

| > It creates a new command called ADDRLIST, which behaves exactly the
| > same as LIST, but which *should* always show only the URL's.
| >
| > Rather than make it a config option (which would have taken me quite
| > a bit longer to do), I've bound it to the "A" key (that's a capital
| > "A").
|
| Does ADDRLIST from a LIST page, or LIST from an ADDRLIST page, work?
| Should it?

They do.

Seems like it should to me.

| If it does, what does "A", "l", follow several links until ADDRLIST
| page not cached any more, then PREV_DOC, do?  (You could set -cache
| to a low number for testing.)

Returns to the original document (following a reload, I believe), after
the A-page was bypassed as "unable to access document".

What is the concern?

| (Basically I am wondering about those two functions using the same
| tempfile, or different files kept in the same tempfile / list_filename
| variable.)

Different temp files.  Don't see any problems with the variable.

About the only "anomaly" I see is that if one repetitively does something
like A/l/A/l/A/l/A/l ...  all those pages are "stacked up", and then if
you do a PREV_DOC, you get an "unable to access doc" alert for each page,
as they unstack (if you've exceeded the cache number, I suppose).

Or, if you don't back out of them, but continue going elsewhere, they
end up in the history page (though not the visited page).

I suppose such behavior could be fixed (though one could also argue that
if you do such things, you reap what you sow), but I'll leave that to
someone who really wants the feature.

As I said when I posted it, I needed a break from fiddling with the edit
TEXTAREA stuff, and don't really care if it goes into the distribution
or not.  It's there if someone wants to use it privately, or work with it
a bit, if it needs some tweaking.  David ...?...

/kim