lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: MAILTO internal page proposal - form with textarea

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: MAILTO internal page proposal - form with textarea
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 16:54:19 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
>Another is to automatically invoke the users mailer, when a mailto:
>link is activated.
>
>I currently do the latter, via an EXTERNAL: statement in my lynx.cfg
>file:
>
>  EXTERNAL:mailto:mutt -s "" %s:TRUE

I sure wish that there were some way to invoke pine in the same way
that you can sometimes get GUI browsers to start a message in Eudora for
example..  (I wish trn would do it too.)   That is, get the letter put in my
outgoing mailbox.  I believe it won't work like the above will.

This is one of the things that UNIX programs don't do as well as
some aspects of GUI environments.  As much customization as there is,
such as me always getting vim as my editor, I still have to use different
tools for sending mail in different ways -- from trn, manually within pine,
and from a mailto: link in Lynx.  The same could be said for ftp links in
lynx.  There might be some people who would want to be connected to the site
from an external ftp program when they use an ftp link.  (This is a much
weaker argument, admittedly.)

ohwell, just a whine.