lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev17 problem (still)

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev17 problem (still)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:48:26 -0500 (EST)

did dev16 work - or what was the last version that you built?

> 990217 i reported:
> > on this IRIX 5.3 system i configured & made 2-8-2dev.17 apparently ok,
> > but upon executing it got garbage instead of the start page;
> > also, ordinary keys aren't recognised -- eg  v  -- , tho' the F-keys are:
> > eg F1 gets a few lines loosely resembling parts of the Main Help Page;
> >  ^g  won't exit, but  ^c  will ( Q  doesn't work, of course).
> > 2-8-1rel.1 continues to run ok in another Screen window.
> > i customised  userdefs.h  &  lynx.cfg  to pick up my usual preferences.
>
> i started over, downloading the package afresh into an empty subdirectory.
> carefully editing  userdefs.h  &  lynx.cfg  took  60 min ,
> using diff files from my 2-8-1rel.1 version; configure & make took  20 min .
>
>  configure  reported it was using  cc  &  curses  (system versions),
> it couldn't find library for  inet_addr  function (warning),
let's start with this one (inet_addr), since afaik there were no more problems
with that.

> it didn't accept my local  lynx.cfg , using the system version instead
"didn't accept" (I don't follow: configure doesn't do anything with it)

> -- NB this could be a problem, as the sysadmin still has 2-6 ;
> also NB, this DID NOT happen with 2-8-1: has anything changed? --
> i'm always amused to read it is `checking if TRUE/FALSE defined' ...

this is a check to avoid conflict with some curses headers (won't go away ;-)

>  make  warned it had modified an rvalue in  LYReadCFG.c 1043 ,
> pointing to the 3rd  (char *)  in that line.
sounds like a coding error (will check)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden