lynx-dev

lynx-dev inserting/deleting lines in lynx line editor

From: sturm
Subject: lynx-dev inserting/deleting lines in lynx line editor
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:49:00 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi,

I have a small problem with the use of forms in lynx.  I can clear lines of
text in a TEXTAREA field using ^U or ^X, but the lynx line editor doesn't
then move the successive lines up to take the place of the one just cleared.
Is there a way to do this in lynx?  And if there isn't, is there any reason
why not?  Even a line cut/paste would be better than nothing.

With the increasing popularity of web-based discussion forums, form-based
comment submissions etc, i think it's important to be able to freely edit
TEXTAREA fields as if they were regular text files.  Maybe lynx could shell
to an editor and insert the resultant text file into the field?

I apologize if this question has been answered on the list before, or if this
problem is in fact already solvable using a keypress i don't know.  I did
check the FAQ and did a rudimentary altavista search on the lynx-dev
archives, but came up with nothing.

Thanks,
Alex