lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev problem with lynx

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev problem with lynx
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:48:00 +0300 (MSK)

21-Feb-99 15:32 Bernd Knochenhauer wrote:

> Greetings,

> first and foremost, I really appreciate Lynx and use it alot. IMHO it's a
> nice, small and versatile alternative for browsing the web without all the
> unnecessary graphics that I don't want to see anyway.

> Here's the problem:

> I've messed around with my system (linux 2.2.1) quite a bit and I tried to
> install glibc-2.1. After realising that glibc-2.1 still has a number of
> problems, I 'downgraded' my system back zo glibc-2.0.7, and now everything
> works smooth again, except Lynx.

> I've build Lynx from source (2.8) without any special configuration
> options. Lynx compiles & builds without any problem, but it seems to have
> a problem when sending a request to a http-server (from my
> http.error_log):

> [Sun Feb 21 14:04:07 1999] [error] Invalid URI in request GET  HTTP/1.0
>                                                              ^^
> AFAIK this _should_ look like "GET / HTTP/1.0". Where's the "/" ?

Apparently, there is an URL between GET and HTTP/1.0
from Lynx.log:

Writing:
GET http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/current/ HTTP/1.0
Host: www.slcc.edu
Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/sgml, */*;q=0.01
Accept-Encoding: gzip, compress

----------------------------------
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535
HTTP: Read 500
Read 500 bytes of data.
HTTP: Rx: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
HTTP: Scanned 2 fields from line_buffer
--- Talking HTTP1.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
HTFormat: Constructing stream stack for www/mime to www/present
HTFormat: Looking up presentation for www/mime to www/present
StreamStack: found weak wildcard match: www/present
FindPresentation: found exact match: www/mime
StreamStack: found exact match: www/mime
HTMIME:  Server: Netscape-Enterprise/3.5.1