lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev default background in 2.8.2dev.3

From: John Poltorak
Subject: Re: lynx-dev default background in 2.8.2dev.3
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 99 21:22:35 +0000

> > > do you have more info about this?  (I have built lynx for EMX, but did
> > > not know about any distributed version of it - whether it is built with
> > > ncurses or whatever).
> >
> > There is no information regarding the source of this distribution. The
> > zipfile is dated 98/12/08 and was downloaded from hobbes.nmsu.edu
>
> which directory?  (I see only the one in /pub/os2/apps/internet/www/browser,
> which is Jason McBrayer's build of 2.8, from June).

Sincere apologies... I thought I got it from hobbes, it was in fact
leo.

Fortunately I have the following line in my LYNX.CFG:-

EXTERNAL:http:start "Saving location" /c /f wget %s:TRUE | tee c:\wget.logger

...which allows me to maintain a log of retrievals using wget. There
doesn't seem to be a builtin function within wget to append logging
information.

The actual URL for lynx was:-

ftp://ftp.leo.org:21/pub/comp/os/os2/leo/tcpip/www/lynx_282_dev3.zip

It is dated 1/10/99 (725,901 bytes), and it does come with ncurses4.dll.

--
John