lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev more help trying to get lynx 2.8.2dev17 to eat all cookies

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more help trying to get lynx 2.8.2dev17 to eat all cookies
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:09:28 -0800

On Sun, Feb 28, 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> From: brian j pardy <address@hidden>
>
> > Those aren't pattern matching options -- you'll have to put
> > www.remarq.com or .remarq.com or remarq.com, whichever the cookie is
> > coming from.  Perhaps making them a regex would be nice, if someone
> > feels creative.
>
> Doggone - just when I think I have figured out which configuration parm
> means what, I discover how wrong I am.

Perhaps we can do something about that -- I agree that some kind of
pattern matching there, even if it's just a '*', would be useful.

> Okay, I changed that line to:
> cookie_loose_invalid_domains=www.remarq.com,remarq.com
>
> and I _still_ get the prompt.  Here's what the trace output says:
>
> LYSetCookie called with host 'www.remarq.com', path '/default',
>     and Set-Cookie: 'SN_LB=22.0; domain=www.remarq.com;
> path=/default/main.pl; expires=Tue, 30-Mar-1999 05:15:28 GMT'
>
> Any tips on what else I can put in that prompt?

It was my fault.

Give this patch a try -- LYCookie() was deleting the domain set in
cookie_loose_invalid_domains, because when LYCookie() was called the
domain had its regular cookie accept behavior set to query (de->bv)
and did not have any cookies set.  This didn't show up in my testing
because the page I was using to test (my.yahoo.com) sends a valid
cookie prior to sending the broken cookie.

diff -cr 2.8.2dev.17/src/LYCookie.c 2.8.2dev.17.bri/src/LYCookie.c
*** 2.8.2dev.17/src/LYCookie.c  Sat Feb 27 21:59:47 1999
--- 2.8.2dev.17.bri/src/LYCookie.c      Sat Feb 27 22:02:12 1999
***************
*** 1919,1925 ****
                 */
                header = scan_cookie_sublist(hostname, path, port,
                                             de->cookie_list, header, secure);
!           } else if (de->bv == QUERY_USER) {
                /*
                 *  No cookies in this domain, and no default
                 *  accept/reject choice was set by the user,
--- 1919,1925 ----
                 */
                header = scan_cookie_sublist(hostname, path, port,
                                             de->cookie_list, header, secure);
!           } else if (de->bv == QUERY_USER && de->invcheck_bv ==
INVCHECK_QUERY) {
                /*

--
Charlie was a chemist,