lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 20:16:04 +0400 (MSD)

>      * From: Vlad Harchev <address@hidden>

>   I've implemented functionality described in quoted message. The patch is
> placed at http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/patch.gz  - it's 300Kb unpacked. It
> consists of body.html, {alpha,cat}toc.html, index.html placed in the
> 'lynx_help' subdirectory and modifications to .c files.  No scripts are

Sorry, I have not got a chance to look at the patch yet but adding a new
LYNXfoo:// URL type is a nice idea: we can add *.html files under lynx_help/
dir and then work on LYNXfoo:// handling, quite a separate items. So the
first may be included into the distribution just now while the second may be
ifdef'ed or postponed for the next release depending on the code.

As for "Status of the setting" page, its layout can be changed without a
problem according lynx-dev consensus so Henry start a battle against really
minor item. Non-english speaker can also be excused for proposed wording.
(BTW, userdefs.h is also referred from Lynx Users Guide).
Another item is the growth of lynx_help/ size, can probably be configured
for a "lite" version.

> invoked to generate *.html's - they are ready to be installed - they are
> independant of lynx configuraion (now all is portable!!!).
>   I've added support for special
> URL type - LYNXSETTINGSTATUS. For example, to get the status of the setting
> COLOR, you should use the following url: LYNXSETTINGSTATUS://COLOR
>   Here is a dump of a screen what I recieve with my configuration of lynx:

>              Status of the setting COLOR (Lynx Version 2.8.2pre.2)

>   Status

>    This setting is ignored by current configuration of Lynx. This setting
>    aggregates its values.

>   Default value

>    The default value(s) for this setting can not be altered in
>    'userdefs.h' at configuration time.

>    Here is a default value of this setting:

> COLOR:0:black:white
> COLOR:1:blue:white
> COLOR:2:yellow:blue
> COLOR:3:green:white
> COLOR:4:magenta:white
> COLOR:5:blue:white
> COLOR:6:red:white
> COLOR:7:magenta:cyan

>   Current value

>    Here is a list of values that were aggregated while reading
>    configuration files:
> COLOR:0:lightgray:black
> COLOR:1:brightmagenta:black
> COLOR:2:green:black
> COLOR:3:green:black
> COLOR:4:cyan:black
> COLOR:5:red:black
> COLOR:6:brightred:black
> COLOR:7:magenta:cyan

>   Assigment trace

>    Here is a trace of files and lines in which this setting was
>    initialized ([1]go here to see a trace for all settings):

>    file [2]/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg
1736=>>COLOR:0:lightgray:black
1738=>>COLOR:1:brightmagenta:black
1740=>>COLOR:2:green:black