lynx-dev

lynx-dev stop the insanity...

From: Larry W. Virden
Subject: lynx-dev stop the insanity...
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:10:08 -0400 (EDT)

Arguments based on analogies seldom persuade anyone.  Not only that, but
analogies can be twisted for either side - to counter the latest arguments about
the book - one might say that rather than the arguments against the patch
being an attempt to prevent anyone from receiving the gift, the argument is
to prevent the cost and trouble of dumping 237 (k bytes of source) pound/liter
of 'junk mail' on those users who will never want it...  As you can see,
these types of arguments can get out of hand...

I hope that we can either move on at this point or at least that others
will voice their opinion regarding whether the functionality in question
should be added to the standard distribution.

--
Larry W. Virden                 <URL: mailto:address@hidden>