lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev pre3 (patch) startfile failure now more user

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev pre3 (patch) startfile failure now more user
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 14:38:24 +0400 (MSD)

15-May-99 21:53 Philip Webb wrote:
> 990516 Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>> 13-May-99 14:51 Philip Webb wrote:
>>> it's best to provide a user-friendly exit message,
>>> but (1) could you give us an example of what it will look like?
>> Not too much but still a little better:
> -- examples snipped --

> it hardly looks worth the trouble ...
There can be more complex cases: URL guessing, broken redirection etc.
which could not been understood without trace log (and I assume
average user will never look there).

>>> (2) did you consider an information screen instead of exiting?
IMHO, we need the same level of information as we have for wrong
'g'oto links in interactive session (do you means an information screen
for failed 'g'oto links also?).

>>> IIRC there was no objection to the latter, it simply needed programming:
>>> i can provide my proposed screen again, if you're willing.

> comments?

How about batch mode, e.g. dump, traversal, etc.?