lynx-dev

lynx-dev 7 bit approximations for esperanto

From: Michiel Meeuwissen
Subject: lynx-dev 7 bit approximations for esperanto
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:57:36 +0200

Hello,

I often use lynx for viewing esperanto pages. It does this amazingly well. At
least much better than any other browser I know (that means, better than
netscape..).

If I use a latin-1-terminal it even treats the accented letters of esperanto
(which appear in latin 3), reasonably well, by a 7-bit approximation.

But it could have been even better, because the 7-bit approximation is simply
done by letting away the accent, which is for esperanto rather uncommon.

For myself I made adaptions in def7_uni.tbl, which makes lynx behave
perfectly, but only after recompilation.

I figured that it would be a good change for the real `official' lynx, because
recompilation isn't very user-friendly. What do I have to do to achieve
this?

thanks,

  Michiel
--