lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: pre4 (patch) SOURCE CACHE & LYK_SOURCE tiny charset

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: pre4 (patch) SOURCE CACHE & LYK_SOURCE tiny charset fix
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:48:34 +0500 (SAMST)

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 19-May-99 05:00 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 May 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>
> >> * LYK_SOURCE & HTreparse_document(): when using SOURCE_CACHE_MEMORY
> >>   fix tiny charset problem when switching to the source mode
> >>   and the original document have its charset specified.
> >>   Now aligned with SOURCE_CACHE_NONE and SOURCE_CACHE_FILE.
> >>   More LYK_SOURCE fixes that might affect next coming document in come
> >> cases
> >>   (mainly Info page and Options menu, which now show correct charset
> >>   information).
>
> >  Does it fix the charset problem with reloading while in psrcview you
> > described?
>
> No. It has nothing with it. (I have no idea how to fix the problem).

 I'm not familiar with chartrans handling in lynx while seems you do. Here is
a description of what should be done.

 While lynx is in psrc mode, SGML.c converts html it recieves to another html.
 The code that supports psrc mode in SGML.c doesn't parse values of any
attribute. When user invokes psrc mode, the chartrans tables are already
initialized (since the file was viewed in "normal" mode) - so there is no need
in parsing html and getting the value of charset in psrc mode.
 So, when user reloads document while in psrc mode, all information about the
document that was asquired while parsing in HTML.c (including charset info) is
lost. To fix the bug, it's enough to preserve charset info when reloading
document (copy info about charset to newdoc or something like this).

 Can you implement such bug fix?
 This can take much more time from me since I'm not familiar with chartrans
handling in lynx.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad