lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Looking for lynx 28x i386.rpm stable version

From: canal
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Looking for lynx 28x i386.rpm stable version
Date: 22 May 1999 16:17:22 -0000

> The current version of lynx is 2.8.1 (2.8.2 in development)
> It's available at
>         http://lynx.browser.org
>         http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release

I found:
    lynx-2.8.1-1.i386.rpm
and lynx-2.8.1-0.i386.rpm (from Linux Caldera 2.2)

but I don't know if it is stable releases.

So, I take this one:
"Lynx Version 2.8.1 is the latest "official" release.  This release is based on
the lynx2.8pre.11 development code set, and includes bug fixes through October
24, 1998.  See the CHANGES file for a complete record of all changes and
bug fixes in this release.  New releases are announced on the lynx-dev mailing
list (see below)."

(lynx2-8-1.tar.gz) from Tom's homepage.

> Building from source really is the best way and it is not difficult.  It
> is not like you have to pay for the development tools.

and will compile it as David says.

> (Microsoft probably has something to blame for blurring the distinction
> between
> a test version and an early release.)

In fact, it would be pleased if someone explain the difference beetween a
pre-release and a development (dev) release.

Alex.

--
            Le prix s'oubli, la qualite reste. Les tontons flingueurs.
                                               N 48.56.42.7  E 2.22.01.0  ED50