lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new version of structured description ... patch
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 11:16:07 +0400 (MSD)

19-May-99 08:36 address@hidden wrote:
>> 18-May-99 07:48 Vlad Harchev wrote:
>>
>> >  IMO lynx_help/lynxcfg/*.html are worth including in the pre5 even
>> > without support for LYNXSETTINGSTATUS:// so lynx-devers and users will
>> > check
>> > them.
>> Sure, agree (where Tom?).

> Tom's watching the general response from lynx-dev, which has been lukewarm
> to this proposal.

Yes/No. Most lynx-dev participants experienced enough with lynx
and know of lynx.cfg options they are interesting at. Newcomers are
from another group so Vlad's fresh proposal fits their needs nicely.
So a voting may be not representative since done among a wrong group of people.

In brief, let we include lynxcfg/*.html files (only) into the source tree
and install with a separate "make install-lynxcfghelp" command
so it will not bloat disk space by default for those who not interested in.

Most *users* will prefer trying "release" version for the next half of year
so it will be unlikely to postpone more help without special reason.
Nothing stops us to withdraw that files in the future, or change their format
or add more functionality etc. IMHO, bloating source tree with 200K unzipped
or probably ~50K zipped is not a huge decease. We should take off po/*.po
files first, sure.