lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev style (was: local_dired cleanup)

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen
Subject: Re: lynx-dev style (was: local_dired cleanup)
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 10:06:18 -0400

I suspect that some users of braille displays would be interested in
changing Lynx's indent behavior, especially eliminating the 3-character
indent that is usually present for normal paragraphs.  I know ... it's all
in the source code somewhere.

As a speech user of Lynx, the indents don't bother me.  But when I want to
forward or paper print a page printed to disk by Lynx, my first procedure
is to load it into PC-Write and delete the first 3 blanks on all lines.

At 12:10 AM 5/23/99 -0500, you wrote:

>[I've been way behind on lynx and trying to catch up; this one seemed
>recent enough to comment on.]
>
>Would an indent profile be worth including in the distribution?  Not
>required use, of course.  But for those of use who switch back and forth
>between various styles, might help us straighten things up before
>submissions.
>

>On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 05:00:17PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
>> no problem (I do this for each file - it's simpler to have only one style
>> for whitespace).
>
>--
>       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
>  address@hidden  and be right all the time, or not work at all
>www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/ and be right at least twice a day.  -- mrc
>    We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan.  -- Watchmen

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <address@hidden>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <address@hidden>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com