lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2pre.7

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2pre.7
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 13:20:08 +0500 (SAMST)

On Tue, 25 May 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > > no - still experimental (look at the changes).
> > right, but this option only available with -prettysrc switch
> > so would not affect people unless they know what they are doing.

 I also agree that --enable_prettysrc should be enabled by default. It's
turned by commandline switch, so it won't make lynx binary configured this way
totally unusable - all works the same way as if --disable-prettysrc was
specified to configure if --prettysrc was not specified to lynx.

>[...]
> >
> > > If we're going to unbundle things, those lynxcfg files are a prime
> > There is a difference: nobody need several messages catalogs
> > unless for testing purposes or such.
> > Lynxcfg files may be of interest for any (advanced) user.
>
> they're all a problem in maintenance - we have a number of files which
> (from different people's viewpoints) are wholly redundant, but take a lot
> of effort to create.

 It seems to me that only HN objected against those html files. Nobody else
objected against them in the list. And I don't see any problems in maintenance
- edit template, run script, and you get a files - what can be simpler.
 IMO non-motivated objection against the files from only 1 person (who I
consider not lynx developer, but advanced lynx user) shouldn't be considered
as a reason to not include those files and to postpone delivering valuable
(for begginers at least) resource for half of a year.

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad