lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 8 - reusing temp files

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.3dev.2 patch 8 - reusing temp files
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 22:42:13 +0400 (MSD)

30-Jun-99 04:08 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

>> 28-Jun-99 18:14 Klaus Weide wrote:
>> > Some more explanation for REUSE_TEMPFILES, below:
>>
>> Nice solution!
>> Another (expensive) step may be creating such pages as LYNXfoo:/ pages
>> handled via HTStreamStack().

> For some of those pages that makes more sense than for others.
> (I think I suggested doing it for LYNXMESSAGES: a while ago.)
Yes, it was your suggestion.

> Actually, I kind of like the fact that some of the pages are available
> as files under /tmp (or whereever).  You can copy them as files
> for further reference, or start a new lynx instance on them, edit
> (and then maybe revisit) them, view the *real* source.

and we can go "History Page" and d)ownload the source of LYNXCOOKIE:/ or so
and save it to the file (still possible for testing purposes,
perhaps not very comfortable but only a few users may need this).

> Also I have doubts that adding more and more Lynx-private URL
> schemes is such a good thing.

Yes.
But we need internal screens for certain information anyway,
we are just fortunate to use html format since we can handle it well.
The actual mechanism of calling such pages should be hidden from user
(IMHO hidden from History Page, statusline, etc) unless a user
explicitely want to see it for testing purposes.
Only lynx should call such pages.
With this backgroung there is no significant difference
the way it was implemented: via Lynx-private URL or temp files...