lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev peculiar behavior
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 08:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

> At this moment, I am on a Mac 68k machine, running MacOS 7.5.1, and using
> NCSA Telnet.  I am telnetted to an Ultra SPARC running Solaris 2.6.  I
> am running screen.  Within screen, I start up lynx 2.8.3dev.3 (compiled
> with all sorts of options, including ncurses 5.0 beta).
> I go to a form with an input textarea.  I press the sequence to go
> into my editor, which is nvi 1.79.

Perhaps the ^Z stuff Klaus pointed out in January still isn't quite right.
That was a fix against ncurses.

(But we've made no changes since then that should have altered the behavior
afaik).

> I understand that no one in their right mind is going to have my setup.

well, I can see it doing this - lynx+ncurses+vile on Solaris 2.6 (I'll poke
at it and see if I can isolate the cause)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden