lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev unanswered: DOS & blind users

From: Rick Lewis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev unanswered: DOS & blind users
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 12:54:57 -0700 (MST)

Al,
I'm a blind lynx user, and I didn't ignore your message. The problem is
that there isn't just one solution!
I'm still using DOS, and lynx is my browser of choice.
I find this quite satisfactory.
I have a shell account, and that (with lynx) serve me well, (as long
as that shell stays in place!)
Other blind people have either begun their computer use in Windows, or
changed to it, and find that works for them.
I'd also agree that finding out what demon offers (and others) might be a
good idea.
Primenet's in London, and if your father is (small chance, I admit)
there, maybe Primenet would sell a shell account to you there.
The big problem is that shell accounts are disappearing, so maybe
Windows, using lynx for Windows, might be the ticket.
The most important considerations are what's offered in your father's
area, and also what your dad is coomfortable learning  and using.
--Rick Lewis