lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Patch for "stopping when viewing a site" hang

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Patch for "stopping when viewing a site" hang
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:40:05 +0900 (JST)

> Appended is a patch that solves the other (more severe) half of the
> problem.  The "hang" problem was caused by a combination of removing

Seems like maybe it solves both problems, i.e., they are one and the
same.  Hopefully Leonid will work it all out.

> > Another complicating factor is that if you had
> > "0x5c U+00a5" (gives me a true yen sign on a Japanese Windows machine)
> > instead of "U+00a5:YEN" in def7_uni.tbl you wouldn't be aware of the
> > problem either (alt="¥").

Why is this?

> 0x5c is '\' (backslash), does that mean Japanese Windows machines
> cannot display a backslash but show a yen sign instead???

Right, though you may have to qualify "cannot" to "cannot without
changing the default settings."  Even in this mail, I don't see a
backslash, I see a '=' imposed on a 'Y' (TeraTerm running on J-Win98).

Thanks for the patch.

__Henry