lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.8 patch for cygwin

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.8 patch for cygwin
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 07:36:40 -0400 (EDT)

> I compiled 2.8.3dev.8 with cygwin. Using a newer cygwin1.dll, I
> didn't run out of processes, and was able to use the configure script
> without problems. I am somewhat confused by when "UNIX" is defined. In
> some places, it seems that CYGWIN defines it, but at others that it
> does not. There are places in the code that are ifdef'd
> "__CYGWIN__ && UNIX" and others that are "__CYGWIN__ && DOSPATH". When
> would __CYGWIN__ and DOSPATH both be defined?

I saw that and asked the same question - when does CYGWIN accept DOSPATH
filenames?  (I'm not sure - I meant to test some, but ran out of time -
I ran some tests for ncurses on cygwin last night since I'd not visited
it for a while: when I first installed it, cygwin was too fragile to use,
since it would GPF after a few minutes of use, the reinstall seems fine...).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden