lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: HTTPS support for Lynx

From: Al Gilman
Subject: lynx-dev Re: HTTPS support for Lynx
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 17:39:57 -0600

At 09:08 PM 11/1/99 +0100, Karl Koch wrote:

>Dear Lynx developpers,
>
>using lynx as a terminal interface for WEB pages I wonder if lynx would
>support HTTPS URLs one of these days. Recently I found that it would be
>useful to have this capability.

How secure is the data communications between the terminals and the node
where Lynx would run?

You can compile a version of HTTPS for personal use which employs RSAREF to
implement SSL and HTTPS URLs.  To satisfy license constraints, you have to
compile this yourself.  This is a FAQ, check the FAQ-o-Matic at
<http://www.slcc.edu/cgi-bin/lynx/fom>.

Al

PS: please address the Lynx developers at <address@hidden>.  See "About
Lynx-dev in the Lynx H)elp for more information on how (please) to
communicate with the developers.