lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx and tables, looking for more information...

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx and tables, looking for more information...
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:08:40 +0900 (JST)

> > I'm also interested in hearing more about the problem from a
> > developer's standpoint and what the issues are with solving it.

I'm not a developer, but to really have Lynx render tables "as intended"
would seem to require that horizontal scrolling be implemented.  I
suspect that would be quite a huge job, but perhaps more valuable than
adding more table rendering routines to Lynx than are already there.

Preprocessing of tables using a proxy scheme is probably more useful
for handling the more complex, nested tables than trying to stuff it
all into Lynx.  IMO.

__Henry