lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Windows 9x ports of 2.8.2 cannot access a certain URL; Linu

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Windows 9x ports of 2.8.2 cannot access a certain URL; Linux ports can.
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:39:48 -0500

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 02:26:18AM -0500, David Chessler wrote:
> http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/ar2b
> .hts#Column
>
> and
>
> http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/ar4a
> b.hts#Column
>
> are the URLs. The "column" part of the URL (which is a form used to
> download certain data from the FCC) is inaccessible to me using either of
> the 2 lynx 2.8.2 ports I tried. It is accessible using the Linux port at
> doubled.com (my ISP), or the one at sailor.lib.md.us, the free web access
> for Maryland residents. For what it's worth, I was also unable to access
> those frames properly with Netscape 4.7, 4.01, and 2.01, and Internet
> Explorer 3.03.

I'm assuming your subject refers to Win32 ports of Lynx, rather than
Win9X; the ones I build run on NT as well.  Also, I'm not cc-ing you
since you have a nospam address (hope you're subscribed). Finally, I
presume you mean you're "able to" access it on NS/IE, rather than
"unable to".

I looked at the ar2b.hts page, and can find no fragment called "Column"
in that page, just a lot of form buttons.  Don't think that is the
problem, though.

I can't access that page from behind my firewall with Lynx or Netscape,
so maybe something funny is happening with the address.  The HEAD of
the document I saw from outside is on Netscape/Server 2.0.  I think
that's an old version.

> The precise Windows Lynx ports I tried were lynx_w32_2_8_2rel_1.zip and
> lynx_w32.zip, as downloaded from the links on the gnu.org web page.

This is not very precise; there are no links on the gnu.org page to any Lynx
exeutables.  Can you tell us where you downloaded the version you are using?

> To access those frames, you can do so from the other frame (the menu) at
> http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/fram
> e4ab.hts
> and
> http://gullfoss.fcc.gov:8080/cgi-bin/websql/prod/ccb/armis1/forms/43-05/fram
> e2b.hts
> So far as I know, every other version of the form works; at least, it works
> with Netscape and I assume lynx.

What symptoms do you see with Lynx/Win32?  Does it never show a page, does
it show part of a page, ...?

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Five hundred and seventy-six thousand million, three thousand
five hundred and seventy-nine years, I counted them.