lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev rfc959 problem...

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev rfc959 problem...
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 100 04:59:11 -0500 (EST)

> (2)The reason for queueing the QUIT, rather than sending it after the
> successful data transfer, was to avoid another full round-trip time -
> just a bit of optimisation.

yes - I understood that.

> Since it turns out that this doesn't work with all servers - the
> easies way to make it work would probably be to just remove the two lines
>
>     if ((status = send_cmd_nowait("QUIT")) == 1)
>         outstanding++;

I considered that, but my understanding of the next large chunk of code is
that it assumes that 'outstanding' is set - and would not be needed (or
valid) if the "quit" were used.  Rather than simply remove that, I wanted
your comments.

> (untested).
>
> That should work, but it would be nice to then add a send_cmd_1("QUIT")
> instead of those lines, at least after a successful transfer; probably
> right before the NETCLOSE(control->socket); for objective (1).

I'll look at this again - thanks.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden