lynx-dev

lynx-dev COOKIE_FILE behaviour

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev COOKIE_FILE behaviour
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 07:33:18 -0200

Tested with 2.8.4dev.13.

Do the following:

Move away .lynx_cookies

Maintain your old .lynxrc that defaults to .lynx_cookies (BTW,
do you really need to delete .lynxrc sometimes?)

Edit your .lynx.cfg and use

PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE
COOKIE_FILE:~/.lynx/cookies (.lynx is where I keep my
jumps.html and bookmarks files)
COOKIE_SAVE_FILE:~/.lynx/cookies

Start lynx and look at your Cookie Jar with ^K. You have no
cookies. Save some and exit lynx. A file ~/.lynx/cookies
should be created.

Restart lynx and look at your Cookie Jar. You have no cookies,
because .lynxrc doesn't update cookie_file to
/home/user/.lynx/cookies when you aren't using .lynx_cookies
nor when you save the options on ^O.

You have to edit your .lynxrc or create a new one.

.h2 COOKIE_FILE
# COOKIE_FILE is the default file from which persistent cookies are read
# at startup (if the file exists), if Lynx was compiled with
# EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES and the PERSISTENT_COOKIES option is enabled.
# The cookie file can also be specified in .lynxrc or on the command line.
#

Yes, but changing COOKIE_FILE in .lynx.cfg is of no use after
.lynxrc is created, and I never manually edit .lynxrc.

A question:

What about also saving the (Cookies never allowed.) stuff?

--
address@hidden, com, dyndns.org}