lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: lynx vs http://half.com/ - a browser or server problem?

From: Michael Warner
Subject: lynx-dev Re: lynx vs http://half.com/ - a browser or server problem?
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:22:48 -0800

On or about 06 Jan, 2001, Larry W. Virden
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's the part of the lynx trace where it fails for me (I suspect
> the problem must be the combination of configuration options with lynx
> since others are not seeing the problem...)

        [...]

> Making HTTP connection to half.com
> TCP: Error 150 in `SOCKET_ERRNO' after call to this socket's first connect()
> failed.
>       Operation now in progress
> TCP: Error 150 in `SOCKET_ERRNO' after call to this socket's first select()
> failed.
>       Operation now in progress

As David said, *AN* error (or two, rather) here is normal (I
think Klaus explained why several months ago), but I get "Error
36" instead of "Error 150", otherwise same as yours.

Using dev16, with ssl and patched for bipb:// support.

I had no problem getting to half.com either, FWIW.

Just as a curiosity, at my LINES setting, I get three displayed
pages out of 71 pages of source--lots and lots of white space.

--
Michael Warner   | Free literature -- Project Gutenberg
<address@hidden> | <http://promo.net/pg/>