lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx and the Translation Robot (Re: French translation upda

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx and the Translation Robot (Re: French translation update)
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 12:12:16 -0400

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 10:29:06AM -0400, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> > > # Lynx French translation text messages
> >
> > I've copied Pierre's update to http://jim.spath.com/lynx/fr.po.gz
> >
> > Tres bien, Pierre!
> >
> > There's also an updated Russian message catalog in the pipeline; see:
> >
> > http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/ru/lynx-2.8.3.ru.po
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to catch up the lynx related backlog.  I'd like to know
> whether I should register a newer version than lynx-2.8.3.rel1.tar.gz?
>
> Also I'm wondering wondering whether there are other open question by
> the side of you Lynx hackers.
>
> [I's still using lynx, and I like it ;) Thanks for it!]
>
> --
>                                                Free Translation Project:
> Karl Eichwalder             http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/

Hello Karl, good to hear from you!

  We are  still working on Lynx 2.8.4, so perhaps it would be good to
think about setting up translations with that number.  Development is
very slow at the moment (I think 284dev20 was issued 01-Apr-2001).

  I have a newer Japanese translation in my inbox that can be added to
the next dev release.

  There are many languages we would like to have translations for,
including Spanish. I've sent a few notes to the project, and am waiting
to hear from volunteers.

  Cheers!

------
<http://www.cs.indiana.edu/picons/db/users/net/bcpl/jspath/face.xbm>