lynx-dev

lynx-dev some problems in 2-8-4rel.1

From: Hataguchi Takeshi
Subject: lynx-dev some problems in 2-8-4rel.1
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 16:04:36 +0900 (JST)

I tried Lynx 2-8-4rel.1 and found some problems in it.

  1. I couldn't follow the 2nd (shonai College), 3rd (Japanese
    Edition) and the 4th (Student's Pictures) link in
    http://www.shonai-cit.ac.jp/ibm/index.htm
    when EXP_NESTED_TABLES is defined.

    # I could follow them when nested-table parsing off.

  2. Some extra dots ('.') are appeared when edit TEXTAREA using
    external editor with Lynx for Win32.

    example:
    ---- input string by external editor from here ----
    foo
    bar
    ---- input string by external editor until here ----

    ---- output string to the TEXTAREA from here ----
    foo.
    bar.
    .
    .
    .
    ---- output string to the TEXTAREA until here ----

  3. Directory listing is strange with Lynx for Win32.

    example:
    -------------------- ここから --------------------
    Current directory is d:\home\patakuti\

        Mail/
        News/
           1K Jun 19  1997 RMAIL
        bin/
        cmd/
        etc/
          13K May 05  1999 lynx.rc
           2K Jul 29 22:59 lynx_bookmarks.html
           1K Sep 23  2000 mailcap
           2K Sep 23  2000 mime.types
        public_html/
           2K Nov 08  2000 rogue.scores
        tmp/
    -------------------- ここまで --------------------

  4. Searching the word "foo" in the attached file "home.txt"
    and then Lynx would hung up.

    # Lynx seems to hung up in text mode or source mode more
    # frequently than in html presentation mode.

  5. Editting the local file by pressing 'e' and exitted the
    editor, and then Lynx would show almost blank page except
    the currently selected link.
--
Takeshi Hataguchi
E-mail: address@hidden