lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev mp3 and local files problem

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev mp3 and local files problem
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 19:53:31 -0400

On Sun, Aug 12, 2001 at 01:28:11AM +0100, Michel SUCH wrote:
> In fact, this does not happen only with mp3 files, but also with any other
> (zip...).
> When you try to pass a local file to a viewer, this one is corrupted
> (generally shorter than the original one).
> I have experienced it with zip and wav files.
>
> The problem seems to be somewhere in htfwriter but I can't really locate
> it.
>
> Any idea?

two places to look:

        a) see the SetOutputMode(), SetDefaultMode() macros in LYCurses.h, and
how they're
           used (or not used in your case), and

        b) less likey, look at the mode (second parameter) of fopen.  Doug
           Kaufman made a comment to the effect that my having substituted "r"
           to TXT_R in some places would break things, since TXT_R when DOSPATH
           is defined is an explicit text-type rather than whatever the
           SetDefaultMode() macro leaves it as.  But the EMX build doesn't
           define DOSPATH (and SetDefaultMode() won't work there).

           But it's possible that I broke something anyway...

(I haven't be on OS/2 for about a month, but agree this should be fixed)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com