lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Web scraping and lynx - how to submit a POST type form

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Web scraping and lynx - how to submit a POST type form
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:24:30 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> I've a situation where I need to simulate via command line the posting
> of the response to a 3 field form to a web server.
>
> I do not have access to the web server logs, the ability to read the
> source at the web site, etc.
>
> The web site reports on the status of customer accounts and I am wanting
> to automate the retrieval of my status.
>
> My requirements is that the end results be something that can run from
> crontab and the results of which I can email.
>
> Has anyone ever used lynx in this manner, and if so, is there somewhere i
> could read to learn how to do it?

As I understand it, there are two parts: putting the commands in, and
getting the results in readable form.  The first part could be done with
the command script option I added a while back.  It's not clear how the
second part could be done though.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net