lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Links activate incorrectly

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Links activate incorrectly
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:55:14 +0100

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 03:47:52PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> I'm not sure - but looking at the trace, it appears that lynx is seeing
> EASYNET1 in the "Content-location", and using that information to modify
> the GET.  This still has the same behavior in 2.8.5dev.7, and comparing
> against the usual selection of other browsers appears to be a bug in lynx.

I'm not so sure the fault lies with Lynx; the fact is that the Microsoft IIS
server is returning an invalid Content-Location.  It says

when what it really means is

RFC2616:

   The Content-Location entity-header field MAY be used to supply the
   resource location for the entity enclosed in the message when that
   entity is accessible from a location separate from the requested
   resource's URI.
[snip]
   Future requests MAY specify the Content-Location URI as the request-
   URI if the desire is to identify the source of that particular
   entity.

Curiously, the server doesn't return a Content-Location at all if you ask
for /index.html instead of / .

imc