lynx-dev

Re: address@hidden: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: hey, guys: Just what are we gonna *DO*?]
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:55:47 -0300 (E. South America Standard Time)

> the thing that has partly marginalised Lynx for me is
> broadband. with Opera 6.02 (on Linux) & an ADSL connection, i
> can get everything incl graphics as quickly as with Lynx
> 2-8-5dev6.

Lynx works with 99% of the sites I visit. I use Mozilla for
JavaScript and such. I upgraded from a 56K modem to a 64K cable
modemm but would use Lynx with any speed.

> BTW TD: previous messages from me haven't appeared on
> lynx-dev. if this one doesn't make it, could you please
> forward it there yourself & might you have any suggestion
> what has gone wrong (not your fault)?

I don't think the list accepts messages from unsubcribed
addresses. I mistakenly sent one some days ago. But it's very
strange that sometimes we receive SPAM.

But what I suggest is to add the following about the
mailing-list to the site and documentation:

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month042002/msg00020.html

What I did. I'm subscribed to both address@hidden and
automatically unsubscribed (bounces) from lynx-dev, I can send
messages to it with the address I used to subscribe to
lynx-dev-contrib, but won't receive any.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org} ICQ: 156552241
Tel: +55 (21) 2717-2399 (with voice mailbox)