lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev PATCH for ENABLE_RC

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PATCH for ENABLE_RC
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:38:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> actually there are still some users who access lynx via a public service
> (probably not many).  So I was keeping that situation in mind.

Yes, these are the users I was asking about. Is anyone who is accessing a
public access version of lynx going to have editing privileges for a
lynxrc file (as opposed to being able to save the file from lynx), but
not have editing privileges on a lynx.cfg file in their home directory?
Can't the same degree of security be obtained with the "INCLUDE for"
restrictions in lynx.cfg if the administrator puts a
"INCLUDE:~/lynx.cfg for ..." at the end of the systemwide lynx.cfg file?

If there is no security problem, I still think it is cleaner to have all
the options that must be hand-edited in lynx.cfg and only keep those
that are adjusted by the OPTIONS page in the lynxrc file.
                           Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden