lynx-dev

lynx-dev Idea: 2nd .cfg-file overrides 1st one. (eg 1st=system's, 2nd=m

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev Idea: 2nd .cfg-file overrides 1st one. (eg 1st=system's, 2nd=mine)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:36:14 -0500

On the surface, sounds like a pretty simple, and *extremely*
useful, hack.

Like, I access the internet via my isp's "shell accounts", so
when I use "their" lynx, I also get their .cfg, which has been
set up to work on THIS system (the isp's).

However, I'd like to be able to set *some* (non-"Option-Page")
.cfg-items myself.

What better way than by using *two* .cfg-files -- the system's
*very large* one, used to provide (relatively-speaking) "default
values" for everything, then as a 2nd .cfg, my own *very small* one.

What interface-change is needed to provide this capability?  Simply
allow *multiple* -cfg options, with the .cfg-files being read
in as seen in a left-to-right processing of the cmd-line's options.

What say?

(Heck -- maybe this capability is already there -- is
the lynx-manual
   (originally written *years* ago by that professor
   somewhere, and, at least as of several years ago, not touched
   by him since)
being updated these days?

Is it possibly now "up to date" with lynx?)

David