lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] installing ssl certs?

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] installing ssl certs?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:01:58 +0000 (UTC)

Walter Ian Kaye dixit:

> Hmm... I don't have that directory. Will it automatically be recognized (by
> Lynx, Firefox, etc), or do I have to somehow advertise/register that as the
> repository?

Everything which uses OpenSSL. So: Lynx. No Konqueror or Bloatzilla.

> I just downloaded something called "cacert.crt" and have no idea what to do
> with it. <g>

No idea.

http://mirbsd.mirsolutions.de/cvs.cgi/~checkout~/src/etc/ssl.certs.shar?rev=1.1;content-type=application%2Fx-shar;cvsroot=miros
is what "we" use. It's a shell archive.

> Do I use certtool on FreeBSD too? How will Lynx know I got cacert.crt, etc.?

For OpenSSL-based applications, you put these files with
their hash, a full stop and a sequence number (always 0
unless you've got two with the same hash) into /etc/ssl/certs/
or whatever your OS vendor compiles into libcrypto.

//mirabile