lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Getting rid of black background in Lynx 2.8.6rel.4

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Getting rid of black background in Lynx 2.8.6rel.4
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 06:29:12 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Kelly Jones wrote:

I just upgraded to Lynx 2.8.6rel.4 (thanks to everyone who suggested
the upgrade) and it works great.

I love the colors (they're really nice!), but the black background is
a bit much. My rxvt background is medium gray. Is there anyway I can
tell Lynx to use a specific background color? Ideally, "transparent"
(let the color of the rxvt show through even if I change my rxvt color
in the future) or medium gray, but even white would be better than
black.

yes - the ".lss" files use explicit background colors to make them appear
the same on various terminal backgrounds.  But (assuming lynx's built with
ncurses/slang/etc which support default colors), you _should_ be able to
just modify lynx.lss as noted near the top of the file:

        # If you really want the terminal's default colors, and if lynx is
built using
        # ncurses' default-color support, remove these two lines:
        normal:         normal:                 lightgray:black
        default:        normal:                 white:black

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net