lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] back to the question on lynx vs wiki

From: Virden, Larry W.
Subject: [Lynx-dev] back to the question on lynx vs wiki
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 07:36:50 -0400 (EDT)

As you may remember, I reports a strange interaction I am experiencing
on http://wiki.tcl.tk/ . Here's the latest info on the situation.
If anyone has any suggestions, we'd love to hear them.

----

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your persistence in helping me track down this bug.

Virden, Larry W. wrote:
> one of the things I have never noticed before today is that when going
> to edit a page, I see lynx display
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> for a number of seconds before  being able to continue, then after
> submitting an update for a page, lynx displays
> HTTP/1.1 302 OK
> and after a search, it displays
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> for a number of seconds before continuing.
>
> I don't recall seeing these before today.

Here's what I did:  I got one of your session headers, verbatim, from the wiki
logs.  I turned it into this sequence of bytes:

'GET /11 HTTP/1.0
Host: wiki.tcl.tk
Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/css, text/sgml, */*;q=0.01
Accept-Encoding: gzip, compress, bzip2
>From: address@hidden
Referer: http://wiki.tcl.tk/12101
Cookie2: $Version="1"