lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem accessing a site with Lynx

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem accessing a site with Lynx
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 16:35:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

http://mamedev.org/ (returns an "Apache 2 Test Page")
http://mamedev.org/release.html ("03 Forbidden")

They work fine with Firefox. Any idea about what's wrong on their (?) side ? The site looks clean (no Javascript and such).

I'm using 2.8.7dev.7. Same problem with 2.8.6rel.5 from Slackware.

lynx -trace doesn't show much:

Writing:
GET / HTTP/1.0\r
Host: mamedev.org\r
Accept: text/html, text/plain, text/css, text/sgml, */*;q=0.01\r
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, compress, bzip2\r
\r
----------------------------------
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535
HTTP: Read 1440
HTTP: Rx: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
HTTP: Scanned 2 fields from line_buffer

perhaps they're checking the user-agent, or disapprove of OpenSSL. (I'll look further this evening, to see if I can find a cause). It works with w3m and links as well.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net