lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Visiting http://reddit.com/ causes segfault.

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Visiting http://reddit.com/ causes segfault.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 06:31:49 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

Hi all,

I got a bug report which claimed as follows and I confirmed it.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 18:50:38 +1000, Aaron Howell wrote:

When you visit http://reddit.com/, either from the command line
or from the goto option within Lynx, Lynx crashes immediately
with signal 11.
For this particular site, the problem can be worked around by
adding www. to the url, however the problem occurs with other
sites as well, its just that this one is particularly easy to verify.
Seems to happen 100% of the time.
This problem is new to this version of Lynx, the previous lynx-cur
package was ok.

It is true that this is new to lynx 2.8.7dev11 (with patch dev11a.patch).

Is this a bug or something else (for example, my packaging problem).

it's a bug (I was able to reproduce it with my own compile of lynx).
I'll send a fix this evening.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net