lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] HTML BUTTON element

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] HTML BUTTON element
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 23:10:17 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
Hi all, i'm trying Lynx to test my web site for accessibity.
It seems that Lynx ignores the <BUTTON> html tag, ie, it renders the button
as [BUTTON], but it is not possible to click it.

Are you sure.  It used to work.  The real problems with button are:

- it is broken in some versions of IE (the reason I know it worke is that I first tested in in Lynx, even though it was targetted at an IE only demo page. It fails to send one of name or value in earlier versions of IE.

- there is no good provision for providing text only fallback content.

These problems basically mean that you should not use in in accessible pages.

--
David Woolley