lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] HTML5 meta charset attribute

From: Keith Bowes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] HTML5 meta charset attribute
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 16:22:52 -0400

Je 2011-Okt-05 je 19:10, Thorsten Glaser skribis:
> Keith Bowes dixit:
>
> Also, there is the http-equiv. And with XHTML, which most users
> of HTML5 will probably also use, everything MUST be UTF-8 anyway.
> And non-UTF-8 charsets should die… (in fact, my editor¹ had a
> bug for a short while in non-UTF-8 mode which nobody noticed…
> until I helped someone in #ksh on IRC yesterday.)

Yeah, I have everything on my computer (locales, text-editor output,
etc.) set up to UTF-8.  There's no reason not to.

In XHTML 1.x, you weren't supposed to use http-equiv to specify the
content type.  You were supposed to use an XML processing instruction.