lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] File download managers in Lynx

From: Larry Hynes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] File download managers in Lynx
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:32:24 +0000

Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is external menu in lynx.cfg too?

Yes.

Some examples:

# http
EXTERNAL_MENU:http:Download YouTube video:youtube-dl -q --no-warnings %s &:TRUE
EXTERNAL_MENU:http:Download YouTube audio:youtube-dl -x -q --no-warnings %s
&:TRUE
EXTERNAL_MENU:http:Open in graphical browser:open %s &:TRUE

# ftp
EXTERNAL_MENU:ftp:Download with curl:curl -O -L -s -f %s &:TRUE
EXTERNAL_MENU:ftp:Copy ftp url:printf %s | pbcopy :TRUE

# git
EXTERNAL_MENU:git:Clone repo:git clone --quiet %s &:TRUE
EXTERNAL_MENU:git:Copy repo url:printf %s | pbcopy :TRUE

# mailto
EXTERNAL_MENU:mailto:Compose message:mcom %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL_MENU:mailto:Copy mailto link:printf %s | pbcopy:TRUE

(I have found it more convenient to have at least two options for
each protocol, otherwise lynx will just default to using a single
one, if defined, and you might not always want that.)

It's all quite well documented in lynx.cfg.