lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Lynx.trace

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Lynx.trace
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 09:48:26 -0400

I partly figured out how that works. I didn't expect the upper-case l for the trace file name and it took me a little bit to figure out that's where the trace log was to be found. That does log lots of stuff too. On a simple connect to google.com with no Lynx.trace I ended up with 1,540 lines. I found a unique line GotoURL in the Lynx.trace file with the url I had requested so this will be easy to extract with grep and a shell script from a new Lynx.trace file and save to a separate log. If I can get lynx to save it to a recents bookmarks file that will work well, but if not I can handle it externally just fine. What I am curious about and expect will find out is what the unique search string changes into when a redirect is logged.