lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx does NOT default to https support

From: LarryL
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx does NOT default to https support
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 16:43:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
Apple must have OpenSSL blocked in firmware:

src$ ./lynx https://news.google.com

Alert!: This client does not contain support for HTTPS URLs.

lynx: Can't access startfile https://news.google.com/
src$
*******
I'm stumped!
LL

On Tue, 22 May 2018 11:45:46 -0500, Larry Hynes <address@hidden> wrote:

LL wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2018 03:30:40, Larry Hynes <address@hidden> wrote:

> LL wrote:
>> Hi,
>> For compilers to find HomeBrew OpenSSL, it says you may need to set:
>>      LDFLAGS:  -L/usr/local/opt/address@hidden/lib
>>      CPPFLAGS: -I/usr/local/opt/address@hidden/include
>> Please confirm, for Lynx https support on OS X.
>> LL
>> PS. Real bear!
>
> /configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/opt/address@hidden

Hi,
I recompiled over Lynx defaults w/o uninstalling using:
./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/opt/address@hidden
   make
     make install
*******
Still NO https support for:

https://news.google.com

Q: Does it render above URL on OS X, for anyone else?
Kind Regards,
LL

What happens if you cd into the lynx src directory, the one in which you
built lynx, and try

/lynx https://news.google.com