lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] PASTE on second try causes core dump and abort

From: Find Marbles
Subject: [Lynx-dev] PASTE on second try causes core dump and abort
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 00:51:41 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm enjoying lynx (Lynx Version 2.9.0dev.5 (27 Feb 2020)) very much and use
it almost daily on my linux system. However I have encountered the above
described problem when trying to paste a link from the clipboard repeatedly.

I have exported RL_CLCOPY_CMD and RL_PASTE_CMD in my .bashrc and have them
directed at 'xsel -i' and 'xsel -o' accordingly. Although the problem
persists even when I use xclip instead of xsel and also no matter if I
direct the to the primary or the clipboard.

I have added the following to the keymap:

KEYMAP:S:TO_CLIPBOARD
KEYMAP:W:PASTE

I have tried PASTE_URL instead of PASTE as well with the same result.

When I start lynx the first use of those keys works perfectly and exactly
as they should. If clipboard is empty pressing 'W' will inform with a
message that the clipboard is empty. Pressing 'S' and 'L' correctly saves
link in clipboard. Pressing 'W' in that case will navigate to the
clipboard-link. Perfect.

However whenever i try it again pressing 'W' with the same link, or with a
new saved link, or whatever variation I choose, lynx will crash with the
following message:

A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.9.0dev.5

Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.

Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

Lynx now exiting with signal:  11

Aborted (core dumped)

Occasionally with variations I don't quite remember i get crash reports
with more precise messages: like a fatal error glibc about a stdio handle
or something. Don't know if they are related.

Is this a bug? Is it known? Or did I do something wrong? Any ideas?