lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese line wrap patch for UTF-8 terminal

From: Henry
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Japanese line wrap patch for UTF-8 terminal
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:48:49 +0900

Yes, thank you very much indeed!

Does Lynx still add a space wherever there is a line break in the
text?  Because of my visual handicap I usually compose web pages with
lines that are 30 or so Japanese characters in length.  At every line
break, Lynx used to (still does?) add a space.

For example (where J is Japanese character):
JJJJJJ
JJJJJJ
JJJJJJ
is rendered as JJJJJJ[space]JJJJJJ[space]JJJJJJ,
but I hope for JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ, i.e., continuous  text without spaces.

I tried to write a patch maybe 20 years ago, but I don't know enough C
to do the job.

Regards,