lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Question: Bind numerous keystrokes to a single one?

From: Find Marbles
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Question: Bind numerous keystrokes to a single one?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:05:24 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm using lynx (Lynx Version 2.9.0dev.5 (27 Feb 2020)) on a Linux system
and enjoy it very much. I have a question though, so maybe you could help
me out if at all possible.

I have a bash script that generates urls and copies them to the clipboard.
I wanted to be able to call the script from inside lynx, have it generate
the url and then pass it over to lynx.

Initially I thought of doing that by using the TO_CLIPBOARD and PASTE
variables but I stumbled upon this bug which I reported:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2022-02/msg00044.html

Instead I went a different route, which works perfectly but encompasses a
lot of keystrokes, which I was hoping you could help me automate at least a
little bit, or ideally to a single one.

So what I have been doing is utilizing the lynx jumpfile, which by the way
is amazing. I have the script added as a lynxexec and named it u.

The procedure is as follows: Pressing j for the jumpfile, pressing u to
call the script, have the script do its work and then pressing ENTER to
return to lynx. Next pressing g for the GOTO and finally pressing
Ctrl+Shift+v to direct me to the url.

It works like a charm but is there any way to automate the procedure
through a keybinding or some other solution? I guess no, but I figured of
asking before I dive even deeper into the rabbit hole (in my desperation
have been reading on .lynx-keymaps from posts in the 90's on the archive).

Thank you in advance and have a great day.