lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] DANE support in Lynx?

From: John Scott
Subject: [Lynx-dev] DANE support in Lynx?
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 16:39:37 +0000

Hi,

I'm new to using Lynx, and I noticed that it uses OpenSSL and/or GnuTLS
for SSL. Both of these libraries have interfaces allowing validation of
certificates using DANE as an alternative to relying on certificate
authorities. Since none of the major browsers have DANE support yet,
this would be quite a defining feature to have in Lynx, one that'd be
really cool for you to have.

Some examples of websites that support it:
 * most Debian sites
 * Tor Project

You shouldn't have to parse TLSA records yourself; OpenSSL and GnuTLS
provide high-level interfaces.

Thanks for your consideration